Sweet potato fries are so much yummier than regular russet potato fries. These delicious wedges are a great snack that are high in vitamin A, relatively low in calories, and definitely the healthier option since they are baked as well. Dip them in a honey mustard sauce or ketchup, whichever you prefer. You can also mix up the seasoning by substituting the regular or seasoning salt for garlic salt or powder, and instead of cinnamon, sprinkle with parmesan cheese after done baking for a totally different flavor.
- 2 sweet potatoes (or yams) peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt or seasoning salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients and toss to coat.
- Take a large cookie sheet, line with tin foil, and place a wire cooling rack (or two) atop the foil.
- Lay out the wedges on the racks.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until wedges are tender.
- Remove from oven, remove just the wire racks, then bake wedges another 10 minutes to crisp them up a bit.
- Let cool slightly and serve with ketchup or a honey mustard aioli.