Deviled eggs make a great protein and low calorie snack during the day, and are perfect for an appetizer or pot luck item. These deviled eggs are so delicious, they will go fast, so make sure to get your fill before they do, and be careful not to eat too many at one time.
- 8 eggs
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and chopped (reserve some for garnish if desired)
- 2-4 tbsp vegannaise (or Mayonnaise)
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp scallions, chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- Dash of garlic powder
- Dash of Celery salt
- Dash of pepper
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Cherry tomatoes, sliced, for garnish (optional)
- In a medium pot, boil water.
- Once boiling, carefully place eggs in water (use a large spoon), and let eggs cook in boiling water for 12 minutes.
- Remove, drain eggs, and rinse with cold water to cool.
- Once cool, remove shell, and cut eggs in half, lengthwise.
- Remove the egg yolks, place in a small bowl, and mash them together.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients (except tomatoes) and blend well.
- Spoon mixture into the egg white.
- Sprinkle with remaining bacon and scallions; top with tomato.
- Cool in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes
- Serve and enjoy!