Quinoa, cucumber, tomato, bell pepper, feta and avocado make up this light and “summery” fresh salad…..served cold. Packed full of protein, this makes a great meal on its own, or paired with pork, fish or chicken.
Red quinoa has a slightly different, more nutty, flavor than regular quinoa. There are so many different things you can do with this recipe.....make it a side dish, have a bowl of it on its own, add it to lettuce, or even add diced cooked chicken and make a burrito or lettuce wrap.
- 1 cup uncooked red quinoa, cooked as directed on package, and cooled
- 1 cup cherry or baby heirloom tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 yellow or orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1 medium avocado, cut into chunks
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Cook quinoa as directed, and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients, whisk until blended, set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the tomatoes, bell pepper, cucumber, feta, cooled quinoa, and dash of salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle the dressing over the mixture, and gently stir until combined.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Just before serving, add the avocado on top, and serve.