Prep this ahead of time, and its easy to grab and throw a bowl together for a quick and healthy meal.
Super simple, low carb, high protein meal. A great way to eat clean without the added fat, and very filling as well. I like to cook everything ahead, place in tupperware separately, which makes it super easy to grab and throw a bowl together for a quick meal.
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 4 cups lettuce, shredded
- 4 cups brown rice, cooked
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, seeded, cored and sliced
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large avocado, cut into chunks
- Salsa of your choice
- If you haven't already, cook your chicken and rice, set aside. I grilled my chicken.
- In a large frying pan, add some oil or butter, heat over medium heat, and add onions and peppers. Saute for about 15 minutes, tossing occasionally. When done, remove and set aside.
- Choose a serving bowl, add 1 cup rice, 1 cup chicken, 1/2 cup cheese, 1/4 cup pepper/onion mixture, 1/4 cup black beans, 1 cup lettuce, a scoop of avocado, and salsa.