Chewy, gooey, delicious, rich, chocolatey goodness. That is all I need to say.
Just enough caramel to make these thick and rich, full or flavor and gooey chocolate goodness. Even my friends that are not big fans of chocolate (weird, I know) can't stop eating these brownies.
- 1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup melted caramel
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease a 9x12 baking dish, then line with foil, then grease the foil; set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the flour and the salt; set aside.
- Over medium-low heat, melt the chocolate chips and butter. (In the picture, you see melted caramel on the left....I melt caramel candies)
- Add the sugars to the chocolate, and combine; remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Beat in the vanilla and the eggs one at a time.
- Transfer chocolate mixture to flour bowl and combine.
- Pour mixture into baking dish.
- Pour melted caramel on top, and use a fork to swirl the caramel into the top half.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick from the center comes out clean.
- Remove and let cool on cooling rack.
- When ready, remove the foil from the dish and place on cutting board. Pull back the foil from the edges, and cut into 1 inch squares. (Trust me, you don’t want bigger than that, these are rich)
- Serve with caution…..they are dangerously delicious.