This dish is like a chicken pot pie, kinda. I pulled together the veggies I had in the refrigerator, sauted them up, made a slight gravy, and added croissant dough (cuz that’s what I had), and baked it, all in one pot. Super easy, and super delicious. Great for the whole family.
Easy, one pot meal, great for the whole family....and really tasty!
- 3 cups cooked and shredded chicken breasts (I did mine in the crock pot ahead of time....you could also use a store bought rotisserie chicken)
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 small carrots, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 4 tbsp flour
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 tbsp dried basil flakes
- 1 tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 package croissant rolls, or biscuits
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large pot that can go into the over (I used my awesome Copper Chef pan), over medium-high heat on the stove, add butter, celery, carrots and onion. Saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add flour, and stir to coat vegetable.
- Add the wine, and cook until most of the wine has evaporated (a few minutes).
- Add broth, stirring constantly, until it begins to bubble and thicken. Once desired thickness (gravy-like), remove from heat.
- Add the shredded chicken, peas, seasonings and cheese. Stir to combine.
- Remove croissants from package, and make flat square like shapes with the dough. Place atop the chicken mixture.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes, or until croissants (or biscuits) are golden brown.
- Remove, let cool for 5 minutes, and serve!