If you are looking for something a little different, and sweet, this is a great side dish option. We served this as two different variations with pork tacos, and both were delicious. These would go great with chicken or fish as well.
Delicious side dish for any Mexican flare meal (tacos, burritos, etc.), chicken, or fish. I've added two variations, but shown the coconut milk version. Keep in mind, the coconut milk version is bit creamier and sweeter, and the broth version is more bright and tangy.
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup coconut milk (from the can)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Juice of 2-3 limes
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Dash of salt
- Instead of coconut milk, use vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup canned corn
- Bring water, coconut milk (or broth) and rice to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 15-20 minutes, until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and fluff rice.
- Add the lime juice, zest, olive oil, cilantro and salt (and corn if you are doing the variation). Gently stir to combine.
- Serve while warm. Enjoy!