Healthy, vegetarian, broccoli and leek soup, with carrots too. And finished it off with a little coconut milk to add creaminess.
Love making healthy soups during the colder months. And soups can be a great way to get your vegetables in for the day. This broccoli leek soup is packed with five different vegetables, broth, and a little bit of coconut milk. Super delicious!
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 2 leeks, sliced (white and light green parts only)
- 1 cup grated or shredded carrots
- 2 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (from the can)
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2-3 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- In a large pot, over medium-high heat, add olive oil, and saute the leeks, carrots and celery for about 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the broccoli and garlic. Saute for another 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the vegetable broth and water. Liquid should just barely cover all the vegetables.
- Heat to boil, then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes. Broccoli should be tender.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- In batches, transfer to a food processor, and blend until smooth, then transfer to a large bowl. For each batch, add a little coconut milk during blending. Don't transfer/blend all of the broth or the soup may be too runny. You can always add broth in the end if you need more liquid. Otherwise, discard any unused liquid.
- Once all veggies are blended, add the salt and peppers, and stir to combine.
- At this point, you can either transfer back to the pot, reheat and serve. Or you can store in an airtight container (once cooled) and refrigerate for up to 5 days.