Easy, and perfect with soup and/or salad, as an appetizer, or just a fun bread option for any dinner as well. Many variations are also possible for this recipe….use a different cheese, add more herbs, etc.
Creative way to serve garlic bread with pasta. Feel free to experiment by using cheddar cheese, and different herbs, or adding parmesan. Super easy and tasty.
- 1 small or medium round loaf of bread - sourdough is best (doesn't have to be round)
- 4-6 tbsp melted butter
- 3 cloves minced garlic (or you can substitute with 1-2 tsp garlic powder)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a liquid measuring cup, melt butter, and add the garlic and half the parsley. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Cut slices in the bread both horizontally and vertically, but do NOT cut all the way through the bread. Leave about 1/2 an inch from bottom. Place bread on a sheet of tin foil.
- Using your fingers, spread apart the bread slices while drizzling the butter mixture through-out. Try to get in as many crevices as possible.
- Repeat this same action with the cheese, stuffing cheese in-between all the slices.
- Then, sprinkle a little cheese and the remaining parsley on top.
- Transfer bread with foil to a cookie sheet, and bake for about 15-20 minutes, until exposed bread is slightly browned and crusty, and cheese is nicely melted.
- Remove from oven and let sit a couple minutes, then serve!