The perfect dip for a dinner party appetizer, served with gluten-free toasts, or whatever cracker you desire. To make this fresh dip even healthier, eliminate the cheese, or go with vegan cheese.
Most spinach and artichoke dips contain a lot of mayonnaise, sour cream and cheese. This is the healthier version of that dip, with coconut milk, and less cheese. You can make it vegan by removing the cheese altogether, or using vegan cheese. Either way, this is a delicious dip.
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves (stems removed)
- 2 cups kales leaves (stems removed)
- 1/2 a white onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small jars marinaded artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, drained, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 4 tbsp coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On the stove, heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the spinach and kale leaves, tossing constantly, until wilted. Remove from heat.
- Transfer spinach mixture to a food processor, and add the remaining ingredients as well.
- Pulse to roughly chop and blend the mixture.
- Transfer to a baking dish. Top with a little more cheese, if desired.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Remove and let slightly cool, then serve with choice of cracker.