Need an easy, grab-n-go breakfast? These are perfect to make ahead so they are ready to grab and heat up to eat. They also make a great protein filled snack.
These egg muffins are a great way to get everything you could want in an omelette, but in one little package. Great for snacking or an easy breakfast. Mix up the added ingredients/veggies to create your own egg muffins.
- 2-3 cups spinach
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked, and chopped
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salsa to top it off (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Either grease muffin tin, or add paper muffin cups to pan.
- Over medium-low heat, in a large frying pan, saute the onions and bell pepper in the olive oil for about 8 minutes. Add the spinach and cook until wilted. Remove and let cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the milk.
- Add the salt and pepper.
- Add the bacon, spinach, onion, pepper and cheese. Stir to combine.
- Distribute egg mixture between muffin cups, filling 3/4 of each cup.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Remove egg muffins from tin.
- Serve...or refrigerate for grab-n-go egg muffins.