When you are looking for new ideas on salads, or how to eat your veggies, this is a great one….and fairly simple to make.
This is a perfect, light and healthy salad, great for barbeques or potluck parties. Add grilled shrimp for protein, or serve along side your protein of choice.
- 4 large zucchinis
- 1 cup cherub tomatoes, sliced into quarters
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cobs of corn, cooked, corn kernels removed
- 1/2 cup red or orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp pesto sauce (homemade or store bought)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- You must have a tool to spiral cut the zucchini. You can buy one at any home store. Cut off the ends of each zucchini and spiral into a large bowl. They should look like noodles.
- Add the tomatoes, cheese, bell pepper, red onion and corn to bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together the pesto sauce and olive oil to create a dressing.
- Pour dressing over zoodle mixture, and with your hands, gently toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Add extra grated parmesan cheese on top when serving, if desired.