Just another good way to get your veggies in. These make a great snack, or as a side dish with some protein. I also make vegetable cakes the week prior. I had a bunch of random vegetables in my refrigerator that I needed to finish off (broccoli, asparagus, red pepper, onion, zucchini), so I put them in the food processor, and pulsed them to a small chop, and pretty much added the rest of the ingredients (corn, flour, water, seasoning) and cooked them the same way. Those were super tasty as well.
There can be many variations to this recipe....meaning, add more vegetables, substitute the flour for regular flour, or another gluten free flour you choose, change up the spices used, to your liking (add cayenne for instance). Have fun creating your own rendition. And create a sauce to go with them. I am dairy free these days, so no sauce, but sour cream or a chipotle mayo would be tasty.
- 2 large zucchini, grated
- 3/4 cup garbanzo bean flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup corn
- High-heat cooking oil (avocado, coconut, grape seed)
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl.
- Mix to combine. Should be gooey-like.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Form small patties with batter, and add to skillet.
- Cook about 4 minutes each side, until golden brown.
- Remove from pan, and serve warm, or let cool and refrigerate for up to 4 days.